2019 Temperature Blanket Finished Update

I’m delighted to announce that I have finally finished my 2019 Temperature Blankets! ~Happy Dance~
They measure out at 38″x52″ (inches.)

I enjoyed making these blankets, every morning adding the 5 little rows of the temperatures from the day before… until about the 300th day… then for whatever reason my joy waned and my morning add-ons became a chore. It saddened me to loose the joy in my blanket journey challenge.
However,
I thought about you all, my blogging buddies, who’ve been with me every step of the way. It was your positive feedback that kept me going.

I say a heart filled grateful, Thank you, to all of you who has supported and encouraged me along the way over the past year. Your cheers have been the wind that kept my creative wings in flight. You’re the best!

In order to get the 365th day in, instead of doing the usual 5 rows a day, I did 4 rows for the last 5 day temperatures.
I’m happy to post these photos of the finished 2019 temperature blankets.

reference:


 

.

2019 Temperature Blankets

I’m happy to say that I crocheted my daily temperature add-ons every day of 2019. I’m in the process of crocheting a border on the blankets. The border is taking a while because there’s so many yarn ends around the edges. The next and last update for the blankets will be when I get them 100% finished. I’m really looking forward to finishing them and making that final post.

I hope you all had happy times during this past holiday season.
I wish you all a joy-filled successful 2020.

 

 


 

.

11-4-2019 Update Finished Country Apples Afghan (6)

~Dance o’ joy~
I finished my ‘Country Apples Afghan’.
It’s a lot prettier in real life.

Country Apples Afghan (Not Blocked)

*couple notes:
-My blanket’s unblocked finished size is 58″ x 44″. That’s 4 inches shorter and 4 inches narrower than the pattern mentions. My blanket might stretch to the pattern’s size if I blocked it or perhaps I should have used a bigger size hook.
-It’s curious that in the photo the cherry red in the edge looks burgundy, it’s the same yarn and color as the apples and checkered blocks.

I’m happy to have my ‘Country Apples Afghan’ finished, but I already miss not having it to work on.
Now, I’m in search of another project to catch my craft-fancy.

Wishing you all a week of pretty days and finished projects.

related posts:
Country Apples Afghan – 1
Country Apples Afghan – 2 
Country Apples Afghan – 3 
Country Apples Afghan – 4 
Country Apples Afghan – 5 


 

.

Potatoes, squash, beans, chard, basil, onions, & Temperature Blanket Update

We got a pretty mess of vegetables out of the garden the other day. We were happy we could harvest a few squash.
We had several potatoes; we used some and stored some for later.We have a rule at our house that the first mess of squash has to be fried. It used to be fried in oil in a skillet method. A few years ago, we needed to change our way of cooking to be healthier, so we make a stir-fry instead. Our stir fry is a bit of olive oil, squash, potatoes, basil, onions, and a bit of cornmeal just for nostalgia. 😉

Thankfully, our area is finally getting some rain. My husband thought it a good idea to go ahead and harvest all the potatoes so they wouldn’t ruin. I agreed with him since the potato plants were starting to die and since we got such a nice harvest a few days before.
Considering that we didn’t plant but 5 lbs. of potatoes, I think we got a good harvest.
I’m guessing there’s probably a couple pecks (half bushel)
We’re happy with them.


Temperature Blankets Update:

I decided to skip May temperature blankets update and wait until June to do my update so they’d be a bit bigger than every couple weeks.
They’re still coming along fairly well.

Wishing you all a great weekend!

 

 

 


 

.

WIP Wednesday – Temperature blankets Update

In an earlier post, I said I was going to give updates on my temperature blankets every 29 days or so, but I made another color change that I wanted to share.
I’m not using ‘Aran’ color for the joining. I’m using other colors to help give the blankets more character and help make them easier to tell apart.

For the ‘High Temperature’ blanket, I’m using ‘burgundy’ for the joining (and the edging when it’s finished) because that’s the color of the ‘Highest’ temperature on my chart.For the ‘Low Temperature’ blanket, I’m using ‘White’ for the joining (and the edging when it’s finished) because that’s the color of the ‘Lowest’ temperature on my chart.

I’m hoping that this is the final adjustment I make. Now I can focus on adding the colors each day and joining the rows together every 14 days.

Wishing you all a wonderful rest of the week.

 

reference:

 

.