The other day I needed a potholder. I went to my dishcloth/potholder drawer and discovered that all my potholders were in the washing machine. It was then I realized that I had only 4 potholders and needed more.
I thought about sewing some up and I may yet, but I needed one sooner than I could pull my fabric and supplies together and make one.
I remembered that back in early winter my Bff had given me a bag of cotton craft loops. They’re sort of a teri-cloth type, but I figured they’d work. I needed a loom though. Thank goodness for my Martha Stewart loom set. I put together a loom that was a big as the loop would stretch and I began happily weaving.
I discovered early on that if I used the normal bind-off that the potholder would be too small. I decided to stitch the edge with cotton yarn and bind it off that way.
On the first potholder, I weaved cotton yarn throughout it and crocheted around the edge, but I really don’t like the way it looks, so the others I just stitched around the outside loops.
I like my new potholders, they’re not pretty and have wonky stitches, but they work and that’s the important thing.
I thanked my Bff for the loops. I enjoyed making several nice size heavy potholders with them and wished that she was here making some too.
Here’s wishing you all a good day with
quick resolutions to any issues that arise.