Country Apples Afghan – 3

I’m happy to tell you that I got all the yarn ends weaved-in on the 216 ‘Country Apples Afghan’ granny squares that I’ve finished so far. That’ll be a big help when I finally reach the point where I’m going to whip-stitch all these darlings together.

Wishing you all a great week!

related posts:
Country Apples Afghan – 1
Country Apples Afghan – 2 

 

 


 

.

Advertisements

Country Apples Afghan – 2

While enjoying crocheting the small granny squares, I thought it a good idea to wait to weave in the yarn ends until I got them made. I was happy that I finished 216 squares over a few days; aran, cherry red, cherry red/aran and medium thyme/aran squares. I decided to take a break from crocheting the squares and weave in the yarn ends. I plan to make the 136 Frosty Green squares later on. I figured it wouldn’t take long to weave the ends in…
I was wrong, ever so wrong…
I’ve been weaving in the yarn ends for a few days and I still have many many many to go. :/

When I make the Frosty Green squares I’ll weave in the yarn ends as I crochet them.

Meanwhile, I’m stuck weaving in the yarn ends and not enjoying it at all much. 😦

I hope you all have an enjoyable rest of the week!

 

 

related post: Country Apples Afghan – 1


 

.

Yellow & White Loom Weaved Place-mats finished

IMG_3264

Thanks to all the thunderstorms keeping us indoors (and offline) I got all 4 of my place-mats made. They turned out quite well. They’re 12 x 15 inches. They’re real cheerful and bright in real life.
This is my second set of place-mats that I’ve weaved on the Martha Stewart Loom. They’re easy to clean. I just throw them in the wash with everything else and then throw them in the dryer afterwards. I’ve never blocked them.
IMG_3240IMG_3167
I crocheted a doily for the middle of the table. I had to block it. I was too lazy to set up a board and put pins all around it. Instead, I used my yellow Knifty Knitter loom. I placed the stitches of the outer edge of the doily over the posts and sprayed the doily with water, then let it dry. Ta dah! It worked like a charm and was so easy to do.

Happy Crafting!

smileywreathspacer2

Dreaming of a Picnic

1-picnicblanketPicnic weather is finally here. Hopefully I’ll be able to use my picnic blanket sometime this Summer.
I made it last year using my Martha Stewart loom set, but never got a chance to use it outside.
2-picnicblanketMy picnic blanket is about 62″x 44″
After I got it all together and finished, I washed it and laid it wrong side up on the floor so I could clip/tie off  any loose yarn ends. My grandson laid down on it. Like a toddler following in his big brothers footsteps Shelibean laid down on it too. They looked so comfy that it made me wonder if it’s more of a napping blanket instead of a picnic blanket. lol I’m glad they laid on it and I was able to click off a couple photos because it kind of helps give an idea of the size.
4-picnicblanket6-picnicblanket
The squares are half red and half other colors. I positioned them in a manner to be a zigzag type pattern.
I wove red & white triangles to fill in the sides and corners.3-picnicblanket5-picnicblanketThe only thing I would have done differently with my picnic blanket is I would have made it one row of squares wider so the zigzag would be pointing the same way on each side. I didn’t realize it until I had it mostly sewn together and I wasn’t about to take it apart.

I’m quite pleased with my blanket. I’ve gotten many compliments on it. Most folks are fascinated that I used a Martha Stewart Loom set to weave it. I tell them it was somewhat like making a quilt. I made the blocks and then hand sewed them all together. It took alot of time to make all the blocks, but it’s so worth it when I see my finished creation.

picnicI hope you all have warm sunny days
to have many fun filled picnics.
Have a great rest of the week!

t57063

=====================
Here’s a video I found on youtube that shows
how to weave the triangles on a square loom:


0rangespacer2

Potholders on a Martha Stewart loom

IMG_8531The other day I needed a potholder. I went to my dishcloth/potholder drawer and discovered that all my potholders were in the washing machine. It was then I realized that I had only 4 potholders and needed more.
I thought about sewing some up and I may yet, but I needed one sooner than I could pull my fabric and supplies together and make one.

I remembered that back in early winter my Bff had given me a bag of cotton craft loops. They’re sort of a teri-cloth type, but I figured they’d work. I needed a loom though. Thank goodness for my Martha Stewart loom set. I put together a loom that was a big as the loop would stretch and I began happily weaving.

IMG_8525I discovered early on that if I used the normal bind-off that the potholder would be too small. I decided to stitch the edge with cotton yarn and bind it off that way.

IMG_8518On the first potholder, I weaved cotton yarn throughout it and crocheted around the edge, but I really don’t like the way it looks, so the others I just stitched around the outside loops.

I like my new potholders, they’re not pretty and have wonky stitches, but they work and that’s the important thing.

I thanked my Bff for the loops. I enjoyed making several nice size heavy potholders with them and wished that she was here making some too.

Here’s wishing you all a good day with
quick resolutions to any issues that arise.
sewinggran

3-spcbg