WIP Wednesday – March 2019 Temperature blankets Update

Here’s my monthly update of my temperature blankets. Crocheting the daily add-on has become a part of my morning routine. My blankets are coming along well. I like the way they look with their different lengths of colors.


I wish you all success in whatever projects you have in the works.

 

reference:

.

 


 

WIP Wednesday – Temperature blankets Update

In an earlier post, I said I was going to give updates on my temperature blankets every 29 days or so, but I made another color change that I wanted to share.
I’m not using ‘Aran’ color for the joining. I’m using other colors to help give the blankets more character and help make them easier to tell apart.

For the ‘High Temperature’ blanket, I’m using ‘burgundy’ for the joining (and the edging when it’s finished) because that’s the color of the ‘Highest’ temperature on my chart.For the ‘Low Temperature’ blanket, I’m using ‘White’ for the joining (and the edging when it’s finished) because that’s the color of the ‘Lowest’ temperature on my chart.

I’m hoping that this is the final adjustment I make. Now I can focus on adding the colors each day and joining the rows together every 14 days.

Wishing you all a wonderful rest of the week.

 

reference:

 

.

A Return to Redwork

I haven’t worked on my redwork since 2014. We had a lot going on in our lives back then and I couldn’t give it the attention it requires. So, I folded it up and put it away. Fortunately, I had the good sense to put the redwork fabric, embroidery thread and supplies all together in a bag and there they stayed in the drawer for the past 4 years. Having the supplies altogether sure made it handy for me when I decided to return to it.

I went back through my blog posts and read about my redwork. I’ve changed a couple of my plans for it. I’m not going to dye the fabric and I’ve cut the blocks apart. I plan to add a small print red fabric border on the blocks. As it turns out, planning to use a border and cutting the blocks apart was a good move for me because now I only have a few blocks to go, whereas when I had the fabric in one large piece I needed like 16 more pictures to embroider.

This morning, in an effort to try to arrange the blocks in some sort of order, I laid a sheet on the floor and began to lay out the blocks. Shelibean decided that what the blocks needed was for him to test them for comfort. He found them to be quite comfortable and napped there for about 20 minutes. I didn’t mind, he was cute sleeping peacefully and I was busy going through my coloring pictures and trying to choose some for the last few blocks.I’m glad to have my redwork as an active work-in-progress once again. My Redwork is the perfect example of my starting a project and some times needing to leave it alone until the time is right for me to finish it. It doesn’t really bother me having unfinished projects, matters-a-fact there’s a strange sense of comfort in it for me. Although, from time-to-time I need to finish my unfinished projects before starting new ones. Now that I’ve got my redwork going again, I hope I can keep up my motivation and finish it before the Summer is over, that would make me so happy.

Have a happy weekend.

*Related Redwork Posts

.

WIP Wednesday – Crochet Cardigan

I’ve always wanted to try to make a simple crochet cardigan to wear around the house.  Over the years I’ve looked at hundreds of patterns from fancy to odd, but none were as simple as I wanted.
I played with the idea of making one freehand just to see how it would turn out.  I planned in my mind how I’d make it. I got the hook and yarn together and then I began.
I’ve made plenty of hats and scarves to wear, but this is the first crocheted garment that I’ve made for myself.
It’s coming along faster than I thought it would. I figure I’ll finish it over the next couple days. I hope it turns out okay. Wish me luck.

Wishing you all success on your works-in-progress.
Happy Wednesday!

.

Wip Wednesday – Joy In The Journey, Potato Bloom & Chrysalises

Only one of these are truly my work-in-progress and the other two is the wip of Mother Nature.

I’ve started working on my ‘Joy In The Journey’ cross stitch that I strung on a frame last January. I used regular sewing thread and gridded the fabric off in 20×20 stitch blocks to help me with the count. I like the look of the grid so well that I’m going to leave it. I think the grid gives it a sort of nostalgic look. It’s slow going, but it’s coming along.My potato plant in the bucket has started blooming. I think potato blooms are so pretty. This experiment is moving along pretty well so far.We ended up with 7 Black Swallowtail Butterfly Chrysalises. We brought in 5 caterpillars that are now in the chrysalis stage. Then the other day after a storm we found two chrysalises in the top of our fennel plant. They’re the ones on the left side of the photo. We brought them in because where they were in the fennel they were too tempting to birds.
I’ll take the individual twig of the chrysalis outside as the butterfly start to emerge. I look forward to seeing the lovelies emerge.

Wishing you all a success with your works-in-progress.

.

WIP – Mixed Medium Project

I’m finally working on my mixed medium project.

I’ve figured out something about my creative process, I like to get the supplies for projects together and then let them set a while before I make them. I have to imagine the project in my mind and the steps I’ll take to create it. Only then am I ready to start the project. This is the part of my creative process that slows me down.
However,
Some projects I start/finish right away. I just rarely know which ones that will be.
Anyway, I hope to have this mixed medium finished soon. I’m on a role with it right now.

Wishing you all a successful Wednesday!

.

 

.